Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-11-10 17:14:34

alchesney

Laptop with two Docking stations

Hi all, somewhat new to Linux and just started using XFCE. So far I am preferring this Desktop however i have one minor issue I have been unable to figure out so I'm looking for a bit of help.

I am running Fedora 22 on Dell Latitude which I have two Docking stations for, one at work and one at home. the dock in both locations is the same make/model from dell for the laptop. I am running three monitors in each location but with different configurations. Under Gnome and Mint desktop environments on this machine the config for each location is remembered and applied when i boot up the machine in either dock.

However, under xfce i am having to manually configure the position and orientation of the monitors each time I dock it in the other location. for clarification it remembers the config for the dock it was in last so if i don't dock it at home (for example) it is fine when i take it back to work.

thanks in advance for any help.

#2 2015-11-12 14:46:18

debian
Banned

Re: Laptop with two Docking stations

Users must understand that xfce is a light dekstop, it does not have all the fancy and useless features (for most users)  that gnome2 and cinnamon might have. Generig linux info helps. With google you can easily find this.
http://awesome.naquadah.org/wiki/Using_Multiple_Screens

Board footer