Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-11-16 17:27:30

ungutknut

Unreliable "snap to maximize" with xfwm4.12

Hi there,

since xfwm4.12 it's finally possible to drag a window to the upper border of the screen and it will maximize.

My problem is that it works most of the time but not every time: the window flickers (actualle changing from unmaximized to maximized very fast) a little as long as I keep pressing the mouse-button and holding it against the upper border and after I release the mouse-button it sometimes just falls back to it's previous (non-maximized) state. Which is kind of annoying.

So before I open a new bug at the xfce-bugzilla, I just wanted to ask around if anyone else here has experienced this issue. Probably there already is a bugreport but I wasn't able to find it?

(Xubuntu 14.04 64bit + xfce4.12 ppa)

#2 2015-11-16 19:05:27

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Unreliable "snap to maximize" with xfwm4.12

I can't seem to replicate this issue on my system. There seems to be about a 10 pixel buffer at the screen edges that initiates the snap event - do you see this buffer? You can move the mouse while within this buffer and the window doesn't unmaximize.

It would be interesting to see a video of this - just to see how your desktop is set up (e.g. panel at the top?) and maybe a listing of your current xfwm4 xfconf settings:

xfconf-query -c xfwm4 -lv

...plus other info like:
- real hardware or virtualized environment
- video card and driver

One other thing to try: create a new account on your system, keep the settings at defaults, and see if you can replicate the problem.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

Board footer