Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-11-14 00:29:36

donarntz

pulseaudio main alsa volume problem

Suddenly amixer will only raise and lower headphone volume in pulseaudio.  Raising and lowering the pulseaudio main also seems to have no effect on the volume.  Individual applications streams can still be adjusted in pulseaudio volume control.  Any indication about what has suddenly happened?

#2 2015-11-14 12:45:47

debian
Banned

Re: pulseaudio main alsa volume problem

Pulseaudio causes problems to games and bluetooth file transfer. It has a process that takes 2% of cpu time, gstreamer and alsa takes 0%. So disable pulseaudio as follows.

http://voices.canonical.com/david.henni … our-audio/

Last edited by debian (2015-11-14 12:46:09)

#3 2015-11-17 21:20:26

donarntz

I would rather not disable it.  I've figured it out a bit more.  Looking at the pulseaudio volume manager, my speakers are no longer showing up under output.  Just the headphones, and that's why it keeps defaulting xfce-volumed to the headphones, rendering the pulse main useless.  It's annoying more than critical, but I want to use my multimedia keys again.  Anyone have any suggestions?

#4 2015-11-18 01:04:33

ToZ
Administrator

@donarntz, You seem to be having a specific issue with pulseaudio and since pulseaudio isn't a component of Xfce, you might get more assistance asking at the support boards of your distro. You might find the expertise that you are looking for there.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

Board footer