Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-11-30 02:32:25

numzob

where to put new xfce-terminal colorschemes

My goal is to make and use custom color palettes (schemes) for the xfce4 terminal program and to be able to switch between them conveniently.

After some poking around, I found that the main configuration file for xfce-terminal is in /usr/share/xfce4/terminal and is called terminal-preferences.ui.

The preset color schemes (one scheme per file) are in a directory off of that directory, called colorschemes. They are text files with an extension of .theme.

Local (for a particular user) settings for xfce terminal are in ~/.config/xfce4/terminal/ in a file called "terminalrc". This file seems to have common syntax with terminal-preferences.ui. It looks like terminalrc was copied from the global terminal-preferences.ui at the very first time that startx (& xfce) were run in this install.

So, if the global color-presets are in a colorschemes directory off of the global configuration directory, maybe user color schemes can be put in a colorschemes directory off of the user's local configuration directory?

Tried it by making a ~/.config/xfce4/terminal/colorschemes directory, copying a preset in, renaming it and editing it for a new name and colors.

Nope. It would not appear in the menu for presets. Near as I can tell, I have the syntax correct. Perhaps I just have the file in the wrong location or something?

Is keeping a set of color schemes in one's home directory possible? If so, how is this done?

Thank you in advance.

Last edited by numzob (2015-11-30 02:35:14)

#2 2015-11-30 11:25:34

ToZ
Administrator

Re: where to put new xfce-terminal colorschemes

numzob wrote:

Is keeping a set of color schemes in one's home directory possible? If so, how is this done?

Put them into ~/.local/share/xfce4/terminal/colorschemes. They will then show up in the lists of presets.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2015-11-30 12:31:22

numzob

Re: where to put new xfce-terminal colorschemes

That worked.  Thank you very much.  smile

Board footer