Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-12-03 00:17:43

mgundogdu

Automatic Selecting Stops When Panel on Top

Hi!
I m using Xfce on Manjaro 15.09 Bellatrix (stable)
When I move to panel on top then try to select for copy a text (in mozilla, pdf and office files) with mouse, automatic selecting stops at the end of the screen than I have to use mouse wheel for continue selecting. Is there any solution for this issue?
Thanks your answers.

Last edited by mgundogdu (2015-12-03 00:19:06)

Manjaro-Stable-Linux4.19 - Xfce 4.14
HP ProBook 450 G4 CPU:Intel Core i7-7500U
GPU: Intel HD Graphics 620 - NVIDIA GM108M - Bumblebee

#2 2015-12-03 14:30:11

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Automatic Selecting Stops When Panel on Top

Which programs are you using for pdf and office files? Are they running full-screen?

There is a long-standing bug in firefox with scrolling if the firefox window is full screen. Something to do with the app not properly detecting the bottom edge of the window/screen now that the status bar is no longer displayed. When the xfce4-panel is at the bottom, it seems like it gives firefox some space to go beyond its extents to allow the scroll. You can verify this in full-screen firefox by pressing Ctrl+F to open the search bar at the bottom of the screen - scrolling then seems to work. I see this as well on both of my systems, but its limited to fullscreen firefox (I don't see this in any of my other apps). Here is another blog entry report about the same problem.

- Do you have the problem when firefox is not maximized?
- Does the issue exist with other Xfce apps (e.g. mousepad, thunar, xfce4-terminal)?

If its happening in other programs or when firefox isn't fullscreen, then it might be something else.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2015-12-03 21:25:39

mgundogdu

Re: Automatic Selecting Stops When Panel on Top

Thanks for your response.
This issue happens
Firefox: unmaximized selecting fine, but maximized same issue happens.
Libreoffice: Maximize and unmaxizimed fine
Evince: unmaximezed fine, but maxizimed same issue happens
Thunar: Maximize and unmaxizimed fine
mousped: Maximize and unmaxizimed fine
xfce terminal: Maximize and unmaxizimed fine

I think this issue same other bugs that you mentioned, I hope it will fix soon. I looked to bugzilla xfce and find this kind of issues. And come to my mind that its maybe about gtk issues in xfce. Evince has gnome dependency and maybe firefox has some.
Thank you @ToZ.

Manjaro-Stable-Linux4.19 - Xfce 4.14
HP ProBook 450 G4 CPU:Intel Core i7-7500U
GPU: Intel HD Graphics 620 - NVIDIA GM108M - Bumblebee

Board footer