Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-12-10 00:37:58

Kamrat

[Solved] Help me remove borders around windows

When i first installed Xubuntu i had blue borders around every window, and i was able to remove these by changing their opacity to 0.1 in my compton settings. But as you can see in the screenshot below, because i just changed their opacity they are obviously still there causing these 2px wide gaps between my windows.

A5uZO2P.png

Could someone tell me where i can change the size of these borders to 0 or maybe just disable them with a boolean?

I've been searching like crazy for a fix for this but have been unable to find one, so this is my last resort.

Thanks!

Last edited by Kamrat (2015-12-10 00:39:28)

#2 2015-12-10 01:52:22

ToZ
Administrator

Re: [Solved] Help me remove borders around windows

There is no special flag in xfwm4 to toggle the display of borders. You'll need to work with the xfwm4 theme itself.

One quick way to remove borders from xfwm4 themes is to delete all the files starting with "bottom", "left" and "right" in your window manager's xfwm4 folder. This works well when coupled with "Windows snapping to other windows" (Settings Manager > Window Manager > Advanced) but will cause you some difficulties when trying to resize the window using the mouse.

The other option is to use an xfwm4 theme that is designed to be borderless. (example and example)

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2015-12-10 02:14:00

Kamrat

Re: [Solved] Help me remove borders around windows

Thanks for the reply.

I did as you stated and changed the style in my window manager settings and it worked.

Thanks alot mod!

Last edited by Kamrat (2015-12-10 02:28:49)

Board footer