Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-12-13 02:55:51

rebeltaz

question about thundar

Hi... I am trying to find a replacement for gnome's nautilus since they have radically changed the way it looks/works. Thundar seems to work very similar to the way nautilus used to, but I am having trouble with one thing - the "View as..." selection. Can one not select a different "View as..." type for each folder? It doesn't make sense to view a text folder as icons, just like it doesn't make sense to view a photos photo as a compact list. Is it all or nothing with thundar?

If not, what am I doing wrong?

If so, is there ANY file manager that works/looks like thundar, yet allows individual "view as" selection for each folder? Thanks...

#2 2015-12-13 03:20:48

ToZ
Administrator

Re: question about thundar

rebeltaz wrote:

Hi... I am trying to find a replacement for gnome's nautilus since they have radically changed the way it looks/works. Thundar seems to work very similar to the way nautilus used to, but I am having trouble with one thing - the "View as..." selection. Can one not select a different "View as..." type for each folder? It doesn't make sense to view a text folder as icons, just like it doesn't make sense to view a photos photo as a compact list. Is it all or nothing with thundar?

Unfortunately, no. Thunar doesn't have support for custom views like this.

If so, is there ANY file manager that works/looks like thundar, yet allows individual "view as" selection for each folder? Thanks..

pcmanfm does.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2015-12-13 03:43:50

rebeltaz

Cool. Thank you. I will check that out. I have installed dolphin and I am liking it, but I will see what pacman smile looks like!

#4 2016-04-05 07:26:52

MountainDewManiac

ClayAnderson wrote:

Thunder is the sound that lightning makes.

Interesting - an educational spambot, lol. Haven't seen one of those in a while.

Although I'd have said that the noise is from the shock wave causing a sonic boom...

Regards,
MDM

Last edited by MountainDewManiac (2016-04-05 07:28:40)

Mountain Dew Maniac

How to Ask for Help <=== Click on this link

Board footer