Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-12-24 07:12:21

Kuzya59

How to disable window flickering on all desctops

Hello. I am using Xubuntu 14.04 with XFCE4. When i use Skype, i run it on Desktop 1. In work process i go to other Desctop (2,3,4). And if Skype hav new message it start flickering in all Desctops. How i can disable this effect? In Unity it was icon vibration on new window events, i disabled it in unity-tweak-tool.

#2 2015-12-24 13:21:39

ToZ
Administrator

Re: How to disable window flickering on all desctops

Hello and welcome.

Kuzya59 wrote:

it start flickering in all Desctops.

What starts flickering? The application window? Or are you referring to the urgent blinking of the windows button panel plugin? The latter can be turned off via Settings Manager > Window Manager Tweaks > Accessibility > Notify of urgency by making window's decorations blink.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2015-12-25 09:44:35

Kuzya59

Yes, starts flickering the application window. I go to " Settings Manager > Window Manager Tweaks > Accessibility", but point "Notify of urgency by making window's decorations blink" is not checked. I try check it, but nothing changes.

#4 2015-12-25 16:54:30

ToZ
Administrator

Then it must be something that skype is doing. I don't use skype so I can't advise, but look through skype preferences or settings to see if it is possible to disable notifications.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

Board footer