Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-02-01 11:25:32

mariogulo

set xfce4 as default session GDM

hello friends, my name is mario. i want to ask something about xfce4. i have project to remastering ubuntu 14.04. firstly i've been uninstalled my unity desktop and i choose xfce as my default desktop. after that i install xfce on my pc and got no problem. i also uninstalled ubuntu default display manager (lightdm) because i want to use GDM as my display manager. the problem is, i want my xfce desktop as my default session in GDM. i've been tried any solution but there is not working. is there any solution?

#2 2016-02-01 11:47:28

Jerry3904

Re: set xfce4 as default session GDM

I think the Xfce Forum is the last place for you to look for an answer to such a question, since it is not "about xfce4" and has absolutely nothing at all to do with the desktop environment itself. (Sorry!)

A web search on gdm default provides a lot of hits that look helpful, and a search on the Ubuntu Forum would probably do the same.

MX-23 (based on Debian Stable) with our flagship Xfce 4.18.

#3 2016-02-01 23:49:45

Sideburns
Website

Re: set xfce4 as default session GDM

Although I agree with the above, your best bet, probably, is to replace Ubuntu with Xubuntu, install gdm and remove lightdm.  That will give you Ubuntu with only Xfce4 as a DE, so that gdm won't have any option except the one you want.

Registered Linux user #470359
Permanently recovered BOFH
Any advice in this post is worth exactly what you paid for it.

Board footer