Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-02-14 20:12:53

nonparity

numlock after lock screen

I just made the switch to xfce from kde and everything has been great except with the lock screen. the num lock is always turned off when the lock screen is initiated.

From a cold boot the num lock key comes on fine this is only occurring at the lock screen. I think i've gone through all the settings and configs but can't find a place to make this change at. Can this be modified or does anyone know of a work around?

#2 2016-02-14 23:55:44

ToZ
Administrator

Re: numlock after lock screen

Hello and welcome to the forums.

Given the wide diversity of system setups in use, it might help if you also posted which screenlocker, distro and version of Xfce you are using.

Also, have you confirmed that the numlock is actually off or just the led that has turned off (assuming light-locker, link).

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2016-02-15 00:38:42

nonparity

You are right I should have included that. The numlock it is off and not just the led light. I tested it to make sure.

This is xubuntu 15.10 which uses light-locker and xfce version 4.12

#4 2016-02-15 03:45:23

ToZ
Administrator

According to the last comment in that bug report, this may be an issue with either the locker program or X itself (byproduct of vt switching). Can you try the last bit that Simon suggests: deactivate light locker in the light locker settings and manually run "dm-tool lock"? See if that has any effect on the status of the numlock key.

Xfce has only one place where the numlock status is set: Settings Manager > Keyboard > Behaviour tab, but I believe this deals with restoring the state on startup. Can you run this command before and after your light-locker lockscreen. Post back the results:

xfconf-query -c keyboards -lv

Are you using more than one keyboard layout?

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

Board footer