Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-06-22 03:20:37

dkoch84

Panel hover,highlight, and pressed button colors.

I'm on Arch, with the latest version of xfce. For the longest time I've struggled to find a way to modify the behavior and/or the colors of highlighted buttons on the panel. When you hover over a button, or click it, there is a change in it's appearance. I would prefer no indication, so I'd like to be able to change these colors to match my panel color. 

Can anybody point me in the right direction? I am currently using Breeze gtk theme, but with Adwaita I could also not find where these colors or behaviors were being defined. I don't want to simply choose a different theme because matching the panel color is what is important, since I like to change my panel color frequently.

#2 2016-06-22 14:54:14

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Panel hover,highlight, and pressed button colors.

For GTK2 applets.....

• Have a read through this thread. The answer lies in putting the "panel-button-hover.png" file in your home directory and the contents of post #18 in your ~/.gtkrc-2.0 file.

For GTK3 applets....

• I'm not exactly sure. However, the Arc Theme seems to do a good job of removing the hover and active effects and I haven't had a chance to look into the specifics of the theme to see how it does it.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

Board footer