Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-08-27 06:25:26

tuxolero

xfce4-terminal refuses to integrate a tab dragged from another window

Hi,

I'm using XFCE on Arch Linux (64 bit). The version of xfce4-terminal is 0.6.3.
I ofthen have multiple termina windows open, mostly with mutliple tabs. When I drag a tab from one window to another, the receiving window often refuses to integrate the dragged tab. As result, I have the dragged tab as new window with just that single tab.
Even when I create a new tab in this new window in order to drag my tab back to the original window, it often also fails.

Sometimes it works, sometimes not. So far, I have not found out what condition makes the difference. At least, I checked the window dimensions (columns, rows). It fails / works independently of the dimensions.

Any ideas for a workaround ?
Known bug ?

Thanks,
tuxolero

#2 2016-09-10 00:05:34

alcornoqui

Re: xfce4-terminal refuses to integrate a tab dragged from another window

FWIW, it works for me in Ubuntu 16.04.

#3 2017-05-10 22:08:43

tuxolero

Just happened again ... and still I have no idea about the condition that breaks it ...

@alcornoqui
Fo me, it also works in about 95% of the cases. How often did you try it ? Did you try it only with a few Terminal windows you opened just for the test ? What about Terminal windows you are really using ?

#4 2017-05-10 22:20:39

alcornoqui

Yeah, sorry, it was just a quick test, I'm not a heavy terminal tab drag'n'dropper wink

A not-so-quick test right now, with several tabs with some running processes liberally dragged and dropped failed to fail so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Let's hope someone else knows more about it.

#5 2017-05-10 22:35:46

tuxolero

Maybe some more information about my use case(s) ...

Mostly, I'm only changing the order of tabs by dragging within one window. Sometimes, I accidentally drag a tab out of the window, making it a new window with just one tab. In that case, I open a second tab in the new window in order to show the tab bar. Dragging the mis-dragged tab back into its window sometimes fails.

But it fails only sometimes: I also did a test a few minutes ago and it also failed to fail ...

What I can say so far is that once a tab failed to be dragged into its original window, it also fails do be dragged into any other window.

Board footer