Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-08-27 19:39:26

imthenachoman
Website

anyway to get xfce to send key combinations to citrix in full screen

I use CItrix Receiver to connect to a remote Windows machine. It works and connects in full screen. If I want to get back to XFCE I have to press CTRL+F2 and then CTRL+ALT+M which is my keyboard shortcut to minimize the current app. CTRL+F2 is used to tell Citrix to send the next keyboard commands to the host OS and CTRL+ALT+M then minimizes the window.

I have a media button on my keyboard that registers as XF86AudioMedia and is not programmed to anything. I was hoping there was some way to get that button to send CTRL+F2 to Citrix and then CTRL+ALT+M to XFCE.

Any ideas?

#2 2016-08-28 02:32:48

MountainDewManiac

Re: anyway to get xfce to send key combinations to citrix in full screen

If it is not possible to set one keyboard key to do a macro(? - perform two separate sets of key combinations), could you write a simple terminal script to do this, then set your keyboard button to launch it?

Regards,
MDM

Mountain Dew Maniac

How to Ask for Help <=== Click on this link

#3 2016-08-28 10:27:04

ToZ
Administrator

imthenachoman, I think you accidentally clicked "Report" when replying. Your comment was:

Yes but how can I get XFCE to handle it and not send it to Citrix?

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#4 2016-08-28 16:51:54

imthenachoman
Website

MountainDewManiac wrote:

If it is not possible to set one keyboard key to do a macro(? - perform two separate sets of key combinations), could you write a simple terminal script to do this, then set your keyboard button to launch it?

Regards,
MDM

Yes but how can I get XFCE to handle it and not send it to Citrix?

#5 2016-08-29 00:17:34

MountainDewManiac

Hmm... Now that's a good question. Maybe one better asked at a Citrix forum than an Xfce one. Xfce, AfaIK, conforms to freedesktop.org recommendations. As do at least some other DEs, I would assume. Therefore, I would think that the act of minimizing an application window would be fairly standard across DEs - IOW, if you have an application that can minimize when performing a certain task, it can do so regardless of the DE that it is being run in (even though I suppose the actual minimizing would be handled by the WM?). Which means... That the script should be able to be run by Citrix, to tell it to both minimize AND release control of the system to the DE that is running (in this case, Xfce).

As you can plainly see, there are a lot of assumptions and guesses in the above paragraph, lol. But, assuming that this application has been in existence for a number of years and used by a fair number of people... I would think that you aren't the first person to have asked such a question (there I go, guessing again wink ). I would definitely post this question at the application's support forum.

If you do, please keep us informed of what you learn. That seems like a useful piece of software.

Good luck,
MDM

Mountain Dew Maniac

How to Ask for Help <=== Click on this link

Board footer