Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-09-03 10:11:34

iamus

mouse pointer not reloading after display powers off

Hi,

I got an ubuntu 16 Dell machine with xfce4 installed.  I know there is some sort of bug https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/1573454 .

I found a way to workaround it by running the command "sudo modprobe psmouse" on my own machine.  And it works fine.  I blieve it simply reloads the kernel module.

I want to execute this command after the display starts up (usually after I wake the machine from a suspend state, or after I unlock it.. note that I do not lock it using the xfce lock, rather I use the gdm light locker). 

Is there a way I can execute this command from a script where xfce display loads?

Thanks,

#2 2016-09-03 17:06:04

ToZ
Administrator

Re: mouse pointer not reloading after display powers off

Hello and welcome.

Do you have an intel video card? If so, I believe this issue was fixed in xserver-xorg-video-intel - 2:2.99.917+git20160325-1ubuntu1.1. If you do have an intel video card, do you have this version of the intel driver installed?

I want to execute this command after the display starts up (usually after I wake the machine

You can try creating a resume hook to see if it will work. Create the file: /usr/lib/systemd/system-sleep/10-psmouse-restart.sh with the following content:

#!/bin/sh
case $1/$2 in
  pre/*)
    #echo "Going to $2..."
    ;;
  post/*)
    #echo "Waking up from $2..."
       sleep 2
       modprobe psmouse
    ;;
esac

...and make the file executable.

This will only address the resume from suspend use case though. I'm not aware of a unlock hook that can be used with light-locker.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

Board footer