Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-09-18 22:05:32

oui

add some startup commands

Hi

Xfce4 is new for me, old JWM user if not using KDE (KDE in Ubuntu64 16.04 produces troubles: the cursor pictures stay sometimes remanent on the screen at places where selections are to do so that it becomes more and more difficult to select with precision!).

I use in JWM some startup command line in .jwmrc to set the keyboard using setxkbmap, as well to erase the last ~/.mozilla and copy in ~ an well defined version from ~/.mozilla containing some not sensible user names, some paswords, some old url's but not other ;-)

a/ how to do that?

b/ I did find how to make the top bar auto hidden, but not how to do the same with the bottom block of icons.

c/ the screen shows diverses icônes Vol... Vol... Vol... . So, it is nonsens (as I can't see sda1 or sda2 or the symbolic name of the volume!). How to erase them from screen?

d/ I would like to add some icons for some app's (as xfce4-appfinder, -I use it intensively since years in jwm and in KDE as it is THE appfinder finding both as well Debian as KDE managed menu items! Thank you xfce4 for this great app operable in each system else in systems different from xfce and finding itself all needing icôns!-, but also app's like different browsers, or mTpaint or mTpaint action time delayed screenshot as I prefer it to immediately process the picture of each screen shot, etc.) directly on the desk. How to do that and select my own icone text?

kind regards

#2 2016-09-29 18:08:09

dougunder

Re: add some startup commands

Hey

No experience with JWM but I have had some tasks run at login.

Just write a script and add to "Application Autostart" in 'Sessions and Startup"

Look at panel preferences. Each panel is configured seperatly

If you right click the desktop and click "Desktop Properties" you can disable Removable Devices in the Icons tab.

I don't quite get what your trying to do with icons. XFCE can take any arbitrary icon image file you give it. Just create a launcher and browse for it.

Also check out whiskermenu if you like appfinder. It's like Win 10 search bar for grownups smile

Last edited by dougunder (2016-09-29 18:18:59)

Board footer