Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-09-22 11:43:16

jimwg

How to have Conceptual Menu open list of folders to access files withi

Greetings!

I managed to make my conceptual menu move to and copy to and open term to root, but I'm missing just how to open a master/home folder with a list or tier of folders to read specific files from. I'm describing this poorly, I know, but thanks for any hints!

Jim in NYC.

#2 2016-09-22 16:55:23

ColdBoot

Re: How to have Conceptual Menu open list of folders to access files withi

If you only need to select particular type of files in a folder e.g. all txt files, hold Ctrl+S and type:

*.txt

Anyways, it occured to me that if you want a filtered list of files in a folder, you can always use Catfish. The "Find in this folder" contextual menu option in Thunar.

Last edited by ColdBoot (2016-09-22 17:09:42)

#3 2016-09-26 15:04:43

jimwg

ColdBoot wrote:

If you only need to select particular type of files in a folder e.g. all txt files, hold Ctrl+S and type:

*.txt

Anyways, it occured to me that if you want a filtered list of files in a folder, you can always use Catfish. The "Find in this folder" contextual menu option in Thunar.

Thanks for tip! I'll try!

Jim in NYC

#4 2016-09-28 15:54:07

jimwg

ColdBoot wrote:

*.txt

You're Good!!!

Also, I noticed something odd, that the Move command won't move items into folders labeled with words including spaces like "My Folder", only folders like "MyFolder" or "My_Folder" which means a lot of folder renaming! Is there a workaround for this? Thanks!

Additional notice: "Move To" changes the time stamps of files I'm moving to the time of their being moved. Do you have experience of that happening?

Jim in NYC

Last edited by jimwg (2016-09-29 06:07:55)

#5 2016-10-02 00:43:59

ColdBoot

No, but I have noticed that oddly named files won't move to a folder that has no spaces in its name - with my custom "Move to" context option, that is.

You can easily write a script to truncate spaces from folder names to save time.

Edit: Judging by the text here, Metamorphose can mass rename folders so, you might consider using it as even simpler solution.

Last edited by ColdBoot (2016-10-02 01:16:14)

Board footer