Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-09-29 04:36:04

groze

Any way to change the Pulse Volume Slider from Horizontal to Vertical?

Any way to change the Pulse Volume Slider from Horizontal to Vertical?   Pulse Audio use to have that option (On some distros it still may).   I don't see it on Linux Mint Xfce 18 or Xubuntu 16.04.1 LTS

I tried to change to different mixer,  but it conflicted with pulse.    I tried to remove pulse, it couldn't be removed without having a non working system.

#2 2016-09-29 13:11:57

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Any way to change the Pulse Volume Slider from Horizontal to Vertical?

groze wrote:

Any way to change the Pulse Volume Slider from Horizontal to Vertical?

If you are referring to the xfce4-pulseaudio-pugin, then it doesn't look like there is. Why would you want to though? The menu also contains a checkbox and a menu item (in addition to the slider icon and title string) and changing the scale to make it vertical would make the contents of the menu look strange.

I tried to change to different mixer,  but it conflicted with pulse.    I tried to remove pulse, it couldn't be removed without having a non working system.

Which mixer did you try to change to? Exactly how did it conflict?

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2016-10-13 16:40:31

MountainDewManiac

Re: Any way to change the Pulse Volume Slider from Horizontal to Vertical?

ToZ wrote:

Why would you want to though?

Maybe so it will look somewhat like the brightness panel app's slider? (I know, that one seems to have been pooched in 4.12 in favor of hiding it in the power manager one.)

Regards,
MDM

Mountain Dew Maniac

How to Ask for Help <=== Click on this link

Board footer