Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-10-17 20:58:08

Lennister_GoT

Xfce just refreshed itself to the standard configurations

I just made two posts about issues, but now Xfce is just escalating. I logged into my computer and what do I see? Xfce is on the standard configurations again. I don't know why or how. All my files are there, luckily. But I have to configure everythint again. The icons and names on the desktop are not crooked anymore, but my bashrc is still gone and in my /root/ directory there is only downloads. I ran "apt-get update" but nope, still no bashrc. Well, nobody answered my last post where I told you about my bashrc problem, hopefully now someone could help me...

#2 2016-10-18 00:05:41

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Xfce just refreshed itself to the standard configurations

Lennister_GoT wrote:

but my bashrc is still gone

.bashrc is a hidden file in your home directory. If you are using Thunar, make sure you have the display of hidden files enabled. Another way to view it to make sure it exists, try:

cat ~/.bashrc

If it does not exist, it may have been deleted. The default file should be located in /etc/skel. Just copy it over to your home directory.

and in my /root/ directory

Are you running Xfce as root?

but now Xfce is just escalating. I logged into my computer and what do I see? Xfce is on the standard configurations again.

What do your log files say? Specifically your ~/.xsession-errors (or ~/.xsession-errors.old) file - assuming that is where your distro puts the file?

Also, can you post back:

ls -al ~/.config/xfce4/*

...and:

whoami

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2016-10-21 13:45:25

Lennister_GoT

Re: Xfce just refreshed itself to the standard configurations

I know that the .bashrc is a hidden file. I used "leafpad /root/.bashrc but nothing was displayed, that's why I said that. And I will post the outputs when I am on my computer again.

Board footer