Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-11-16 05:24:54

new2xfce

Just upgraded from Unity to XFCE, having some evolution troubles

Hi all,

I just switched from Unity to XFCE on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, due to high CPU loads from compiz on Unity.

XFCE so far is great, but I have one small problem - in Evolution, the Status and Flagged columns are blank, which are two columns I make a lot of use of! Also some of the buttons in the top bar are missing their icons - the ones to mark selected messages for deletion/as junk/as not junk ones.

The Status column shows me if I have replied to a message. The flagged column allows me to flag messages that I need to respond to.

In unity it looked like this:

http://imgur.com/oHZafGc

But in XFCE it looks like this:

http://imgur.com/6OOpOUF

Any idea what I can do to get these columns back? I can still flag a message in XFCE, but it doesn't show the flag!

Thanks smile

Last edited by new2xfce (2016-11-16 05:42:30)

#2 2016-11-16 11:37:21

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Just upgraded from Unity to XFCE, having some evolution troubles

Hello and welcome.

Which Appearance Theme (Settings Manager > Appearance > Style Tab) and Icon Theme (Settings Manager > Appearance > Icon tab) are you using? Does it make a difference if you change those?

Also, can you post back the contents of (if the files exist):
   ~/.gtkrc-2.0
   ~/.config/gtk-3.0/gtk.css

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2016-11-16 13:50:52

new2xfce

Re: Just upgraded from Unity to XFCE, having some evolution troubles

Hello and thanks for the response!

I was using the default themes and icon sets. (I'm not sure which ones they were as none were shown as selected). I cycled through them all, but none seemed to help, although I saw the appearance and other icons change. Then, just as I was writing this "no luck" response, I decided to double check and restart evolution after changing icon set and it worked! It seems that the GNOME icon set is missing the icons (and I guess is the icon set I was using originally) and Tango is missing the status icon (but has the others).

Problem solved, thank you so much smile

Board footer