Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-12-05 12:00:59

pepetops

How to install device notifier (Kde plasma) on xfce?

Hi I like so much xfce, but I miss some features of my old desktop manager, Kde. And one of them is what they call a device notifier. Being able to mount or unmount an usb from the systray was very comfortable, as well as associate a drive, like a DVD, to an action, for example, run vlc. Is possible to install only this feature? I didn't located the rpm package that contain it. Also if there are any other app I can use for do the same I could try it. Now I use console commands related with kcmshell4, solid and  kcmkded .
Thanks and regards

Last edited by pepetops (2016-12-05 12:29:26)

#2 2016-12-05 22:55:03

ToZ
Administrator

Re: How to install device notifier (Kde plasma) on xfce?

I'm not sure about adding kde components to Xfce - I've never tried it. However, as for Xfce alternatives...

as well as associate a drive, like a DVD, to an action, for example, run vlc

If you go to Settings Manager > Removable Drives and Media, you can set this action on the Multimedia tab.

Being able to mount or unmount an usb from the systray was very comfortable

Have a look at the xfce4-mount-plugin to see if this meets your needs. If you have Thunar configured to do so (Settings Manager > File Manager > Advanced > Volume Management enabled, it will auto-mount usb drives for you.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2016-12-06 12:13:28

pepetops

Re: How to install device notifier (Kde plasma) on xfce?

ToZ wrote:

I'm not sure about adding kde components to Xfce - I've never tried it. However, as for Xfce alternatives...

as well as associate a drive, like a DVD, to an action, for example, run vlc

If you go to Settings Manager > Removable Drives and Media, you can set this action on the Multimedia tab.

Being able to mount or unmount an usb from the systray was very comfortable

Have a look at the xfce4-mount-plugin to see if this meets your needs. If you have Thunar configured to do so (Settings Manager > File Manager > Advanced > Volume Management enabled, it will auto-mount usb drives for you.

I know mount-plugin but it's not I need.
Thanks

Board footer