Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-12-11 04:11:25

flyhighskies

Disable showing workspace when moving pointer to the edge of screen

Hi
i'm using compiz as my window manager.can someone tell me how to disable showing workspace when moving pointer to the edge of screen.

thanks in advance

#2 2016-12-13 01:01:03

alcornoqui

Re: Disable showing workspace when moving pointer to the edge of screen

What distro are you using? You'd normally have CompizConfig Settings Manager (CCSM) installed, where you can tweak it.

#3 2016-12-19 14:07:05

thebunnyrules

Hello!

Go to the Compiz Settings Manager. goto General category (very first one on top), go to General Options.

In General Options, click on the 'Key biindings' tab. Show Desktop is 3/4 of the way down. It's will have three rows of bindings:

- First row (keyboard icon): keyboard short cuts
- Second row (green monitor icon): button bindings (that's liike when you clicm on the edge, it does something)
- Third row (blue monitor icon): the edge bindings. this is what you want, disable it or add a condition that it will only activate if you use a modifier key.

FYI, at left bottom of the Compiz Settings Manager when you start it up, you can click on Advanced Search and search for any preference you want to tweak.

Finally, if you want to disable to some button or edge bindings in Compiz only during gaming, you can see this Q&A guide I wrote on Unix StackExchange: http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions … 988#329988

It will show you how can set up a toggle system to turn the edges on and off at will (via a panel laucher or even a hotkey).

#4 2016-12-19 15:12:17

alcornoqui

Yeah, just what I said... just kidding! Great answer, thanks.

Board footer