You are not logged in.

#1 2017-01-02 17:11:04

cmcanulty

Google Drive

I just installed

sudo apt install gnome-control-center gnome-online-accounts

using the directions on this page

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2016/08/use- … x-desktops

now 2 issues I can only reach it from the terminal not menus and more important it doesn't show online accounts, only printers, language support, and software & updates.Maybe it won't work for google drive in xfce4?

#2 2017-01-02 17:54:54

Javarod
Website

Re: Google Drive

It probably won't work, at least not without some tinkering as those instructions are for Nautilus, and unless you've tweaked it, Xfce runs Thunar, a completely different file manager.

Seph
Taur10 LJ, Tel & Tum TaurTen Twit
Lenovo M700 tiny Manjaro XFCE • Lenovo N22 KiboJoe
I've always been crazy, but its kept me from going insane

#3 2017-01-02 22:56:56

cmcanulty

I have nautilus installed but maybe it has to be the default for it to work? I quit using nautilus as default when they got rid of the menus and preferences, thank you

#4 2018-01-16 06:07:15

palswim

Javarod wrote:

It probably won't work

I managed to connect to Google Drive successfully by following the instructions on a different site.

These instructions used the same basic steps at the instructions the OP used, but after the installation of the gnome-control-center package, started the gnome-control-center command with

XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP=GNOME gnome-control-center

I had to run this command in an environment which used GLX (i.e. probably any X session on a physical display will work, but virtual sessions will not). The workaround instructions on the X2Go site did not work for me.

Board footer