Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-01-05 00:13:22

lonesomepoint

my XFCE keeps displaying an old saved session at reboot

Hello. I am having an annoying problem with my XFCE 4 with increasing frequency. Someone (not on these forums) told me it was a known bug, so I'm supposing a solution is probably known; but if not, I think I'll have to regretfully find a new desktop.

Intermittently, upon rebooting into XFCE, XFCE "forgets" the last saved session details and replaces them with the details of a much older saved session. I have no idea how that's possible: those files shouldn't exist anymore. But it's always possible to restore the correct saved session: the solution is to reboot. It might not work the first time; I never know how many times I will need to reboot; but the recent saved session will always reappear eventually. (Knowing that, I never bother restoring from a backup. I find it less disruptive to simply keep rebooting until the correct saved session reappears.) That's why I call the problem not upsetting, only annoying.

But as I said, this now occurs more often than it used to, often enough that I'm almost ready to drop XFCE. Any solutions?

My Linux distro is MX 15. My computer is a ThinkPad T420. I know it's not the computer: I had same problem on my last laptop, a Thinkpad X201.

Last edited by lonesomepoint (2017-01-05 00:14:58)

#2 2017-01-05 01:05:54

Jerry3904

Re: my XFCE keeps displaying an old saved session at reboot

Did you already try clearing saved sessions? All Settings > Session and Startup, Session tab: Clear saved sessions.

Hehe: would have said the same thing on the MX Forum, where I usually see you.

MX-23 (based on Debian Stable) with our flagship Xfce 4.18.

#3 2017-01-05 03:16:33

lonesomepoint

Re: my XFCE keeps displaying an old saved session at reboot

Thanks, I didn't know I could do that. I'll see if it ever happens again now that I cleared the sessions.

Board footer