Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-01-21 00:34:41

jeff story
Website

Thunar "Filesystem root"

Thunar 1.6.10 in Arch Linux, in a new install, there is a new shortcut called "Filesystem root" in addition to "File System" in the left side pane. The new addition can be unchecked in the "Shortcut" view, but it's still there in the "Tree" view.

Is this a compile time option, or is there a method to eliminate this duplicate entry for / (root)? Is it a bug of not one of the former?

1.png

2.png

#2 2017-01-21 01:29:09

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Thunar "Filesystem root"

If you install the gvfs package the extra entry will go away. gvfs should be installed with Thunar.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2017-01-22 02:09:11

jeff story
Website

ToZ wrote:

If you install the gvfs package the extra entry will go away. gvfs should be installed with Thunar.

Thanks ToZ, that does work.

In Arch, the xfce4 "group" package does not install gvfs and it's not a dependency. It's listed as an optional* dependency though. It seems like gvfs should be a dependency of Thunar, or there should be another way to fix this. Do you know if gvfs is not a dependency of Thunar, in other distros as well?

With that being said, are you aware of any other method or workaround, or point me in a direction to explore, to eliminate the extra root directory shortcut without installing gvfs? If not, I may look into gvfs to try figure out how it does. It would be a nice option in some cases.

*=Optional: gvfs: for trash support, mounting with udisk and remote filesystems

#4 2017-01-22 13:05:52

gnanini

Read the General Recomendations on Archwiki... Everything you need is there....

#5 2017-01-23 00:11:14

ToZ
Administrator

jeff story wrote:

With that being said, are you aware of any other method or workaround, or point me in a direction to explore, to eliminate the extra root directory shortcut without installing gvfs? If not, I may look into gvfs to try figure out how it does. It would be a nice option in some cases.

I don't know why it does this. Perhaps an exploration of the xfdesktop/thunar code can give you some clues as to why that happens. I personally always install gvfs with thunar because I use thunar's trash and remote filesystem access.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

Board footer