Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-02-07 11:21:01

joseba.villanueva

Upper panel - lose the predefined icon of some apps

Hi all there, I have a small problem with the upper panel. There are some app (i.e. QGIS and Whatsie) than they lose the icon in the upper panel when they are opened and other undefined icon appears.

Click here to see the image

This problem happens for some apps. Others work properly. Any ideas how to solve it?

Thanks

#2 2017-02-07 13:21:15

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Upper panel - lose the predefined icon of some apps

It's not that the icon is lost, its that those apps don't properly properly provide an icon as per the EWHM spec.

However, you can use xseticon to change that icon. Have a read through this thread for a couple of options.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2017-02-07 19:36:31

joseba.villanueva

ToZ wrote:

It's not that the icon is lost, its that those apps don't properly properly provide an icon as per the EWHM spec.

However, you can use xseticon to change that icon. Have a read through this thread for a couple of options.

Thanks ToZ for the answer. I followed the link you recommended me.
I tried to install xseticon in two different ways without success:

FIRST
xseticon-0.1+bzr13.tar.gz
When I tried to compile it (./configure) my result was this:

$ ./configure
bash: ./configure: No such file or directory
$ make
gcc -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/glib-2.0/include   -I /usr/X11R6/include -c xseticon.c -o xseticon.o
xseticon.c:29:29: fatal error: X11/Xmu/WinUtil.h: No such file or directory
#include <X11/Xmu/WinUtil.h>
                             ^
compilation terminated.
make: *** [xseticon.o] Error 1

SECOND
xseticon_0.1-0leo1_amd64.deb

Dependency is not satisfiable: libgd2-xpm(>=2.0.36~rc1~dfsg)

I am using Xubuntu 14.04.5 and my knowledge about compiling and Linux is limited. Thanks in advance for the information.

#4 2017-02-07 20:42:20

ToZ
Administrator

Yeah. I had trouble compiling this on Xubuntu 16.04 as well. Try following the instructions from post #3 here. They should work for 14.04 as well.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#5 2017-02-07 21:28:54

joseba.villanueva

ToZ wrote:

Yeah. I had trouble compiling this on Xubuntu 16.04 as well. Try following the instructions from post #3 here. They should work for 14.04 as well.

I did it as post #3. In my case, my app does not load the icon I defined in the script. Instead, the folder which contains the executable file changes the icon and when this folder is not opened, it is Firefox which changes the related icon. It sounds a bit weird.

This is an example:

Screenshot

As you can see, the Firefox icon changes to QGIS icon, but the QGIS icon keeps without the icon I defined in the script. I don't know what is going wrong.

Last edited by joseba.villanueva (2017-02-08 09:05:15)

Board footer