Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-02-14 03:05:55

kurtwong

How to "grab and move the windows" with <super> key?

Hi there,

I'm a 3d application user coming from gnome (on centos), with which I can use <super> + left/middle mouse button dragging to move/resize windows, and the <super> key can still activate the Activities overview.

now with xfce (manjaro), I can change the "grab and move the windows" key from <alt> to <super>, but it doesn't work with only a short beep.

Thanks for any help!!

Last edited by kurtwong (2017-02-14 03:06:25)

#2 2017-02-14 06:01:29

ozjd
Website

Re: How to "grab and move the windows" with <super> key?

Does Manjaro assign the super key to another use such as opening the menu? If so you might need to reassign that or use something like ksuperkey.

#3 2017-02-14 10:05:49

kurtwong

ozjd wrote:

Does Manjaro assign the super key to another use such as opening the menu? If so you might need to reassign that or use something like ksuperkey.

Thanks ozjd! Yes, super key opens the main menu in xfce. I just want the super key can do both opening the menu and moving/resizing windows like gnome 3 with centos. I checked ksuperkey, but it's only for kde plasma..

#4 2017-02-14 10:11:49

ozjd
Website

kurtwong wrote:
ozjd wrote:

Thanks ozjd! Yes, super key opens the main menu in xfce. I just want the super key can do both opening the menu and moving/resizing windows like gnome 3 with centos. I checked ksuperkey, but it's only for kde plasma..

Actually ksuperkey works in any desktop environment and doesn't require any KDE Plasma components. See https://jimdean.id.au/2016/04/20/using- … y-in-xfce/.

#5 2017-02-19 15:12:31

kurtwong

ozjd wrote:
kurtwong wrote:
ozjd wrote:

Actually ksuperkey works in any desktop environment and doesn't require any KDE Plasma components. See https://jimdean.id.au/2016/04/20/using- … y-in-xfce/.

Hi @ozjd, I didn't have access to my laptop until tonight, so I just installed ksuperkey, but it didn't help, nothing happened to my xfce. Could you explain a little bit more, thank you!

#6 2017-02-19 20:57:22

ozjd
Website

kurtwong wrote:

Hi @ozjd, I didn't have access to my laptop until tonight, so I just installed ksuperkey, but it didn't help, nothing happened to my xfce. Could you explain a little bit more, thank you!

Did you look at the link I posted?

#7 2017-02-20 07:03:48

kurtwong

ozjd wrote:
kurtwong wrote:

Did you look at the link I posted?

Really thank you for your reply! @ozjd, It works now.

Board footer