Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-02-24 02:11:10

jserink

xfce4-settings-4.13.0 display applet and HDMI

Hi All:

Stumbled onto something. Yesterday I unmasked xfce4-settings-4.13.0 and built it on my gentoo laptop. Took the laptop home for some work and this morning upon return notices that my Samsung 27" LCD's VGA port is shot. The menues for its setup are also partially borked and have tested the laptop VGA out to another monitor, works fine.

So, wanted to use the laptop HDMI out as the HDMI interface of my 27" Samsung is still ok.
Problem is, that HDMI does NOT show up in the Display settings...well it does, I get a mirrored display and when I identify the displays both my laptop LCD anad the Samsung as "Samsung 27" and it wont let me expand the desktop.

it fixed it with xandr like this:
xrandr --output LVDS --mode 1920x1080 --output DisplayPort-2 --mode 1920x1080 --right-of LVDS

Problem is, the display applet should have been able to do this and it couldn't.

After I did this and my desktop was spread across two monitors the DISPLAY appet now identifies each monitor correctly.
More work needed on the display appet.

Cheers,
john

#2 2017-02-24 06:32:52

ozjd
Website

Re: xfce4-settings-4.13.0 display applet and HDMI

The developers don't visit here often so you need to open a bug report at https://bugzilla.xfce.org/ before it will be fixed.

Board footer