Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-03-07 01:38:40

mikef90000

Reporting bugs - anything new?

I noticed in the blog that bug tracking was supposed to be migrated to bugs.xfce.org. However, that domain still redirects to https://bugzilla.xfce.org/ which I believe is the same old place.

Is there anything afoot to migrate away from bugzilla?  The blog post is confusing, and I want to make sure that I'm reporting to the correct place.

TIA, Mike

#2 2017-03-07 02:15:12

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Reporting bugs - anything new?

mikef90000 wrote:

I noticed in the blog that bug tracking was supposed to be migrated to bugs.xfce.org.

Which blog? Where?
BTW, No-one here in the forums maintains the architecture. You might want to direct this question to the #xfce-dev mailing list.

Is there anything afoot to migrate away from bugzilla?

Not that I have heard of. Bug reports still go to bugzilla.xfce.org.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2017-03-07 04:14:05

MountainDewManiac

ToZ wrote:

Which blog? Where?

Xfce Blog wrote:

Migration to xfce.org

Not much has happened since then, until Sean and me decided to move the project over to the official Xfce infrastructure for more distributions to enjoy. This means the code is now on git.xfce.org and bugs are tracked on bugs.xfce.org.

https://blog.xfce.org/

Regards,
MDM

Mountain Dew Maniac

How to Ask for Help <=== Click on this link

#4 2017-03-07 23:27:10

sixsixfive
Website

i found the whole xfce web presence horrible - other projects do a better job with less infrastructure. For example mate has everything on GitHub(bugs, code repository, forums) so for the user everything is accessible easily(and with one account) also since the most people already use and know github it also lowers the barriers to contribute to the project.

Board footer