Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-04-08 10:28:36

cttl

[SOLVED] Multiple timers for the xfce4 timer plugin

Hello,

I was wondering if there is a way to simultaneously run multiple timers using the xfce4 timer plugin. If not, can you suggest any alternatives?

Thank you.

Last edited by cttl (2016-04-08 11:37:28)

#2 2016-04-08 10:44:29

ToZ
Administrator

Re: [SOLVED] Multiple timers for the xfce4 timer plugin

Hello and welcome.

How about adding multiple timer plugins to the panel and using one for each timer/countdown?

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2016-04-08 11:36:45

cttl

Ok, this is embarrassing, for some reason I hadn't even thought of a solution like this.
This is what I'm going to do, in hope that this feature will be supported in future versions.

Thank you very much

#4 2017-04-23 08:41:43

Thane of Fife

Found this via google looking for the exact same thing, and had thought that was probably the solution.

But I agree with this guy, multiple timers should be supported. A great program to emulate is this: free-countdown-timer.com from windows. Not the looks but the functionality.

Sorry for necroposting but 1 year since this was posted, thought it'd be relevant to bring up again since nothing changed lol.

Multiple timers on my panel is not the ideal solution. It's clunky and can lead to confusion as to which timer is which.

#5 2017-04-29 04:24:24

Thane of Fife

Thane of Fife wrote:

Found this via google looking for the exact same thing, and had thought that was probably the solution.

But I agree with this guy, multiple timers should be supported. A great program to emulate is this: free-countdown-timer.com from windows. Not the looks but the functionality.

Sorry for necroposting but 1 year since this was posted, thought it'd be relevant to bring up again since nothing changed lol.

Multiple timers on my panel is not the ideal solution. It's clunky and can lead to confusion as to which timer is which.

Or at least have the multiple timers remember each state instead of each reverting to one on every reboot.

#6 2017-04-29 10:46:21

ToZ
Administrator

Perhaps you could create an enhancement request over at Xfce's bugzilla tracker.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

Board footer