Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-05-01 02:18:27

rob2423

Right click+scroll to switch workspaces?

Quite awhile ago (in win) I had an app that created workspaces like most lin win-managers have but it also had a really niffty shortcut where one could (anywhere on the screen) ricgh click and scroll to switch work spaces. I can't remember the app (guess its kind of irrelevant) but have been digging around in xfce trying to figure out if doing the same thing is possible. I know that one can press ctrl+F? keys, or place the mouse over the workspaces and scroll but I haven't figured out how to achive the rght click+scroll for workspaces.

Thx!

#2 2017-05-01 06:43:08

ozjd
Website

Re: Right click+scroll to switch workspaces?

In settings - Window Manager Tweaks - Workspaces you can set to use the scroll wheel to change workspaces, no right click needed.

#3 2017-05-01 16:54:41

rob2423

Thanks for the quik response. I found the workspaces setting where I can place the mouse over the workspaces and scroll but I actually _want_ the right click part, or more specifically the ability to simplely right click+ scroll from any point on my screen (as opposed to needing to go up to the workspaces icon then scroll, sounds lazy I know but with multiple screens and not wanting to put the workspaces icon on everyscreen a right click+scroll option would be perfect for me)

So is it possible to say bind/replace scrolling up/down in combo with rick click to the "move windows to right/left workspace" shortcut? Modifying keyboard shortcuts is possible under under Settings -> Keyboard -> application shortcuts but there doesn't seem to be an analogous option for the mouse?

Thx!

Last edited by rob2423 (2017-05-01 17:15:02)

#4 2017-05-01 22:41:36

ozjd
Website

The option I gave works anywhere on the desktop you don't need to go to the workspaces icon. I don't believe you can change that to use right click.

#5 2017-05-01 22:48:16

ToZ
Administrator

Try scroll-wheel click on desktop (or both left and right buttons together) and you will get the workspaces menu. Would that suffice?

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#6 2017-05-02 00:17:46

kuba67

ozjd wrote:

The option I gave works anywhere on the desktop you don't need to go to the workspaces icon. I don't believe you can change that to use right click.

It doesn't work when your mouse is over the windows, or toolbars though

#7 2017-05-02 07:43:13

ozjd
Website

kuba67 wrote:
ozjd wrote:

It doesn't work when your mouse is over the windows, or toolbars though

No that's why I said on the desktop smile.

#8 2017-05-03 07:43:43

rogue_ronin

There are at least two mouse-gesture apps that would work, but I can only remember easystroke at the moment.

You could do that and a lot of other things.  Little tray app, worked great when I last used it.

Aloha.

#9 2017-05-06 01:58:39

rob2423

@roue_ronin I will take a look at easystroke
I I tried making the default workspace a few pixels shy of a full screen so I can just move my mouse to a corner of the screen and then scroll and that is pretty good. @ozjd thanks for pointing out that the scrolling works on the desktop (and apparently on the edges).

The help was much appreciated.

Board footer