Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-05-31 17:50:55

cjsmall

Xubuntu 17.04: Problem with radical change in middle mouse button beha

I've got a very serious problem with the middle mouse button behavior since upgrading from Xubuntu 16.10 to 17.04 which is seriously interfering with my daily operations and hope someone can point me to a solution.

Ever since the upgrade I've lost my old control of the use of the middle button. I used to be able to use it for gesture commands in my CAD program running under Windows-10 in a QEMU/KVM window as well as in the Firefox browser using the All-in-One Gestures Add-on. Everything worked fine for years until 17.04 where the middle mouse press/hold is being preempted as a pseudo-scroll function. As it affects everything from the browser to KVM, I'm pretty sure this is something new in either the kernel drivers or xfce4.

I have a standard 3-button Sun USB mouse with no scroll-wheel on a desktop system with no touchpad. I desperately need to get back my old behavior, but I don't know what has changed and I cannot find any documentation for this or any controls in the Settings menus for this sort of mouse behavior.  I need to deactivate this scrolling behavior and restore application-level control to the mouse button.

I'll provide additional info if needed.  Thanks for any guidance.

Board footer