Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-06-08 17:37:59

pedherall

xfce4-panel intellihide with compiz

When I use a secondary panel as a dock with app launchers "Intelligently" hide does not allow application launchers to be clicked when Compiz is running.
With "Always & Never" hide are not affected. Do you know any workaround to use the panel running Compiz?

#2 2018-12-12 14:48:41

Megadoomer

Re: xfce4-panel intellihide with compiz

I'd like to also ask this question, if there are any new hints to this.

I use Compiz mainly for window-placement shortcuts (e.g.: Shift+Alt+ArrowKeys to put them on my second display or left/right on the grid) and I would like to also have my panel in the Intelligent hide-mode to use my full screen area, but whenever there's a fullscreen window open, the panel won't react to clicks on the window buttons plugin, instead the fullscreen window in the back will be focused and the panel disappears again.

As long as the window doesn't "touch" the panel, it works as intended, but reserving the space defeats the purpose of having an autohide panel for fullscreen use.

Does anybody have any idea on how to fix this?

There's a Xfce4-panel Compiz patch for Arch available here, but I don't know if it would help or how to apply it (running Xubuntu).

Last edited by Megadoomer (2018-12-12 14:49:44)

#3 2018-12-13 01:55:19

ToZ
Administrator

Re: xfce4-panel intellihide with compiz

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

Board footer