Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-01-06 12:28:43

einexperte

Hello from Hamburg / Germany using Debian/Linux/XFCE

Hi Folks,

I've been using Linux for a long time now (SUSE 4.4 was my first try) as a server system and a couple of years later I switched to Debian. For Desktop I've been using Windows for ages, currently Windows 7, but the longer I use it the more I get annoyed with it, especially in the past two years. Another couple of years ago I decided to try Debian/Linux for my Desktop and so I have a dual boot configuration at home and at work I / we run it in VirtualBox. Yet another couple of years later ... ;-) ... I did a comparision of window managers and found that XFCE suits my needs best. So it's Debian/Linux/XFCE for me now :-)

I love it! Thanks!

In the past weeks my computer tends to be booted more into Linux than Windows and I guess this is a good place to help other users and get help for myself.

Edit: Btw., my real name ist Christoph and I'm 34 now.

Last edited by einexperte (2017-01-06 12:32:27)

XFCE 4.12 on Debian/Linux (Buster) in German (my translations may be inaccurate)

#2 2017-01-06 14:19:01

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Hello from Hamburg / Germany using Debian/Linux/XFCE

Hello and welcome.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2017-06-13 21:40:04

nobodyinperson
Website

Another German Hamburger here ;-P

Using ONLY GNU/Linux for at least five years now. On the desktop, on the laptop, on my servers, even on my Jolla phone :-D

Started with openSUSE 10.4 if I recall correctly. Switched to Ubuntu at some point, tried it with Unity, KDE, LXDE and GNOME3, but in the end I liked XFCE4 the most. It is the perfect balance between style and performance in my opinion. It runs smoothly even on the shabbiest netbook and looks very clean. I love it :-D
And Thunar is awesome as well, especially the built-in bulk-renaming and of course the custom actions.

Greetings from Hamburg!

Yann

System-wide, easy to install, sophisticated Thunar custom actions

#4 2017-06-17 10:26:05

dmaphy
Website

How many guys from Hamburg do we need to start something like an "Xfce Stammtisch"? Are three enough? tongue

#5 2017-06-17 11:44:41

nobodyinperson
Website

Three is enough to play Skat :-P

System-wide, easy to install, sophisticated Thunar custom actions

Board footer