Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-09-16 13:14:34

am4c130d

Change font color for Session Menu in Action Buttons

Hi,

I use a black desktop and have my panel appearance Alpha set to 0 - i.e. transparent. When I use session menu for the action button, my username is black on black and thus invisible. How can I change the font color to white please?

Thanks

Alan

#2 2017-09-16 14:47:42

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Change font color for Session Menu in Action Buttons

Assuming the GTK2 version of xfce4-panel, add the following to ~/.gtkrc-2.0:

style "my_actions"
{
   fg[NORMAL] = "#ffffff"
}
widget "*actions*" style "my_actions"

If you are running the GTK3 version, add the following to ~/.config/gtk-3.0/gtk.css:

#actions-button {
	color: white;
}

In either case, restart the panel to see the change.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2017-09-16 16:02:08

am4c130d

Thanks for the quick response, the GTK2 change did the trick. While continuing to try and solve it on my own, I switched theme to Greybird which also fixed it.

Is there any reason why the panels would be running from GTK2 as opposed GTK3 please? Is there any benefit to GTK3 panels over GTK2? I ask as I'd found the answer you'd given another user regarding pulseaudio plugin colors and the GTK3 fix didn't work for me.

Thanks

#4 2017-09-16 17:55:39

ToZ
Administrator

am4c130d wrote:

Is there any reason why the panels would be running from GTK2 as opposed GTK3 please? Is there any benefit to GTK3 panels over GTK2? I ask as I'd found the answer you'd given another user regarding pulseaudio plugin colors and the GTK3 fix didn't work for me.

The current (4.12) and previous releases are based on GTK2. Xfce is migrating to GTK3. The next major release (as well as the development releases currently available) are based on GTK3. The version 4.14 roadmap and status is available here.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

Board footer