You are not logged in.

#1 2017-09-28 19:05:34

AnalogKid

XFCE - Debian 9 - Canon MF4370dn - no print

XFCE
Debian 9.1
Canon MF4370dn printer
Version 3.4 of Canon Linux driver software

Printing does not work. Not even the "test page". Have tried both USB and Ethernet options.

Printing DOES WORK to the same printer from an OpenSUSE machine over Ethernet, so I know the printer is not at fault.

Solutions?

#2 2017-09-28 19:28:40

MountainDewManiac

Re: XFCE - Debian 9 - Canon MF4370dn - no print

I realize that Debian does a good bit of testing before releasing an update for its Stable branch. But 9.1 was released July 22, and your printer driver was last updated July 14. Maybe it's just behind (in regards to the current Debian Stretch)?

What version of OpenSUSE are you running? Leap 42.3? It was released on July 26, so if you're running that one I'm probably barking up the wrong tree. Although I don't know which - Debian or OpenSUSE - would be more likely to be running the newest components at this time.

It might be that your version of Debian uses components that are too old to function with your driver. Or even that it uses ones which are too new.

Or it could be something completely different. Are any of the usual error logs getting any additional content when you try to print? Or is this a "black hole situation" (IOW, NO errors, anywhere.)

Regards,
MDM

Mountain Dew Maniac

How to Ask for Help <=== Click on this link

#3 2017-09-28 19:51:20

AnalogKid

Re: XFCE - Debian 9 - Canon MF4370dn - no print

I was previously using version 3.3 of the driver with 0 results. I sought out the newest version in hopes of some improvement.

The other computer is running OpenSUSE Leap 42.3. Ironically, it works, despite OpenSUSE not being officially supported by the Canon driver. Debian, which is supported, does not work ...

There are no errors when printing. The CUPS page (version 2.2.1) only reports that jobs are "completed". I have not investigated any log files yet.

I CAN scan documents from the MF4370dn using SimpleScan, so the USB connection works between computer and printer there.

The OpenSUSE machine uses older CUPS 1.7.5. Is this a clue?

Board footer