Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-10-24 20:08:43

fern

Help to configure and beautify Xfce!

Hello community of Xfce!

I'd like to visualizad  a nice Xfce  desktop environment, decorate the appearance with themes of color styles (dark, black or blue) or  the visualized  of the  icons-themes   in the taskbar or on the entire side of the startup applications with  colored  dark or black or blue,  or the side  of the devices with colored  (dark, black or blue) and the rest of the colored user window (dark or black) and so on. Can I use numix-circle-icon-theme and  numix-themes to visualizad the Xfce environment nice?

#2 2017-10-24 23:31:08

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Help to configure and beautify Xfce!

fern wrote:

Can I use numix-circle-icon-theme and  numix-themes to visualizad the Xfce environment nice?

Yes. Just install them using your distro's package manager and select them in Settings Manager > Appearance (also Settings Manager > Window Manager for the window decorations).

Have a look at the Screenshot thread for ideas on what to do.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2017-10-25 10:04:58

fern

ToZ wrote:
fern wrote:

Can I use numix-circle-icon-theme and  numix-themes to visualizad the Xfce environment nice?

Yes. Just install them using your distro's package manager and select them in Settings Manager > Appearance (also Settings Manager > Window Manager for the window decorations).

Have a look at the Screenshot thread for ideas on what to do.

It's simply spectacular the  desktop you show   in that link, I'd like to visualize my desktop environment as is visualized  the your  , I don't know what materia you used for the configuration and decoration of Xfce, in some systems there are no repositories of materials for decoration and configuration, they are usually in tarball packages.

Last edited by fern (2017-10-25 10:08:36)

#4 2017-10-25 23:27:44

ToZ
Administrator

If you look closer at the terminal window shown in many of the images, you'll see that it contains info about which appearance, window and icon themes are used.

There are other websites you can search for that give you instructions on how to customize Xfce, like for example: https://www.addictivetips.com/ubuntu-li … e-desktop/.

If you're more into the social media/youtube thing, search for "customizing Xfce" for step by step visual guides.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

Board footer