Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-10-26 23:03:43

mbritton_ucd

Workspace Names Disappear

I am running multiple workspaces, each with names defined in the Workspace Settings/General/Names list. Previously, when I would hover over the mini-workspaces at the bottom of the screen, it would display the names defined in that list. 

However, after a software update and reboot, now when I hover over the mini-workspaces, it only shows "Workspace 1", "Workspace 2", etc.  Similarly, when I right-click on a window and choose "Move to another workspace", the choices are 1,2,3, etc.  The defined list is still there when I open the Workspace Settings menu, and I can change the names there, but that doesn't help.

I have tried un-selecting "Show miniature view" in the Workspace Switcher Appearance box, but that doesn't help either.

How can I get back the workspace names when hovering?

Thanks in advance!

#2 2017-10-26 23:48:25

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Workspace Names Disappear

Hello and welcome.

Settings Manager > Workspaces is where you set the names. Interesting though that they disappeared. Try re-setting them and see if they stick. After resetting them also log out and back in again to ensure that they were saved properly.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

Board footer