Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-12-19 15:44:33

ssspace

Suggestion: Recently installed apps inside the Whisker Menu

When I install lots of apps at once, I often lose track of what was installed. An useful feature would be a category inside the menu with a list of the last apps installed, or a list of the apps installed in the last week or something like that.

It could be a list inside the category "recently used", maybe a tab or a horizontal line separating what was used and what was installed, or even a new category inside the menu. Could be a temporary list that cleans itself every few days of weeks or a permanent one with apps listed by install date.

I'm using Linux Mint 18.3 XFCE, posted this too on Linux Mint forum(https://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?p=1402934#p1402934) but this is related to Whisker Menu so I thougth it would be useful to post here too, not sure if this is the right place to add suggestions, thanks.

#2 2017-12-19 21:14:50

ozjd
Website

Re: Suggestion: Recently installed apps inside the Whisker Menu

The best way to suggest a new feature is to open a bug report as most developers don't visit the forum that often.

While it sounds like a good idea I'm not sure how it would be accomplished as each distro has its own method of package management. So how the menu will recognise newly installed applications is the problem. However I'm not a developer so it may be possible.

Board footer