Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-01-09 04:21:21

Tayray

XFCE 4.12 Panel list duplication bug

Hi all,
    I've been trying to find a solution to this problem with the panel item names in the panel settings being duplicated. I've looked at resetting configs, but it did not work and also found a bug report that is same as this. I have contributed to an existing bug report which is here but I have not seen any update on it or a response when I added it almost a year ago. I'm running Arch linux and this is a fresh install with the XFCE4 desktop. I dont know if anyone else has the same issue. Is there a workaround to fix this? Or what causes this glitch?

Screenshot of current desktop

Thanks.

#2 2018-01-09 06:17:44

ozjd
Website

Re: XFCE 4.12 Panel list duplication bug

I've seen this too. I added a comment to the bug report. It seems few people see it as I've reported it before to Fedora Xfce maintainers and no one else saw it.

#3 2018-01-09 06:21:06

ozjd
Website

I also have it in a 4.13 test environment so it isn't fixed in the new version.

#4 2018-01-09 06:38:22

Tayray

It is a strange bug. It's strange how not a lot of others seem to report this issue. They probably don't even get the issue from using a distro that has XFCE as its main desktop environment that maintainers for those distros have fixed the bug themselves. I've tried different on different PC's, installed in a virtual machine environment and still get the same result on Arch Linux, and I remember in the past using Fedora 24 and having the same bug.

Board footer