Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-01-16 03:21:20

ndaidong
Website

Incomplete logout

Hi everyone,

I setup my computer with Ubuntu 17.10 minimal version and XFCE4 as only DE. Everything works well, simple, lightweight and fast, except of a small issue. That is, when I want to logout, if I run the command "xfce4-session-logout --logout" or click on the "Logout" button from the session dialog (Menu / Log Out...), I would get the following:

d6d970a43c.png

From that, I can simple enter "startx" to get back to the desktop or, "exit" to completely logout from the session (require password to re-login).

As far as my view, that's not a normal process of logging out. How it should be configured to do exactly what it should do - a combination of "xfce4-session-logout --logout" and "exit" session?

Thanks.
Dong

#2 2018-01-16 03:59:15

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Incomplete logout

ndaidong wrote:

Hi everyone,

Hello and welcome.

How it should be configured to do exactly what it should do - a combination of "xfce4-session-logout --logout" and "exit" session?

Alias startx to "startx && exit".

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2018-01-16 04:09:03

ndaidong
Website

Re: Incomplete logout

ToZ wrote:
ndaidong wrote:

Hi everyone,

Hello and welcome.

How it should be configured to do exactly what it should do - a combination of "xfce4-session-logout --logout" and "exit" session?

Alias startx to "startx && exit".

You're rock. In `.bash_profile`, I added a new line "startx && exit" so it works correctly now. Thank you so much.

Board footer