Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-02-25 21:59:01

guraknugen

Missing feature, Thunar

Am I the only one who miss being able to expand folders (”tree folder expansion”) in the main pane? Are there any plans to include it?

#2 2018-02-26 02:15:42

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Missing feature, Thunar

There is an ehnancement request for this from 2013 (see: https://bugzilla.xfce.org/show_bug.cgi?id=10339). Also a bountysource entry.

Note that the current emphasis is on GTK3 migration. That being said, there will probably need to be much more interest in this before someone considers jumping aboard and coding the change (if anyone does).

BTW, welcome to the forums.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2018-02-26 11:35:14

Javarod
Website

Mind ifn I tack on a feature request here (why not keep forum clutter down?)? I'd like to see Thunar sort symbols along with 3rd and 4th level characters. A few file managers do this, Deepin (no surprsise), Dolphin and the one with Enlightment, as does OS X (Mac).

Seph
Taur10 LJ, Tel & Tum TaurTen Twit
Lenovo M700 tiny Manjaro XFCE • Lenovo N22 KiboJoe
I've always been crazy, but its kept me from going insane

#4 2018-02-26 15:04:03

ToZ
Administrator

Javarod wrote:

Mind ifn I tack on a feature request here (why not keep forum clutter down?)? I'd like to see Thunar sort symbols along with 3rd and 4th level characters. A few file managers do this, Deepin (no surprsise), Dolphin and the one with Enlightment, as does OS X (Mac).

It is better to create the enhancement requests right in bugzilla where the developers  will see them.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#5 2018-02-26 20:11:55

guraknugen

ToZ wrote:

There is an ehnancement request for this from 2013 (see: https://bugzilla.xfce.org/show_bug.cgi?id=10339). Also a bountysource entry.

Note that the current emphasis is on GTK3 migration. That being said, there will probably need to be much more interest in this before someone considers jumping aboard and coding the change (if anyone does).

I'm just a little surprised that not EVERY developer think this is a good idea, but sure, there are maybe a lot of things that are even more important.

ToZ wrote:

BTW, welcome to the forums.

Thanks!
And thank you for replying. smile

Board footer