Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-07-14 07:53:37

Reaccion Raul

windows resizing against screen borders

Hi all,

I'm using Linux Mint 18.3 xfce and it has some resizing options that i really like, when you drag a window against the screen border to the right or left, the window change to the mid of the screen size. a cool option for office kind of work as you can get two windows as exactly half and half of the screen.

I've been checking this last couple of days Mx-17 as it seems it could go a bit faster in my computer, as Linux Mint xfce overall goes well but it's slow on the start up and some couple of other things. But there's a thing i don't like about Mx-17, it lacks this resizing option. Are there any way i can turn it on? Maybe it's only off by default.

#2 2018-07-15 12:06:21

Reaccion Raul

Re: windows resizing against screen borders

Nevermind. At rhe end i installed it but it was so slow booting up. Also gave me a lot of errors. So i keep better with Mint.

#3 2018-07-21 12:36:32

Jerry3904

There seem to be a number of machine-specific factors operating here, as MX users have not reported slow booting times.

I'm not sure I understand what OP is looking for, but it doesn't appear to be anything MX-17.1 does OOTB.

MX-23 (based on Debian Stable) with our flagship Xfce 4.18.

#4 2018-08-07 13:01:22

Reaccion Raul

I was looking for tiling windows when you drag them to screen borders.

I guess the slow boot is related with my computer. It's very old. Mint turn on in around 3 minutes, bit with Mx it was close to 10.

#5 2018-08-08 00:14:09

MountainDewManiac

Reaccion Raul wrote:

I'm using Linux Mint 18.3 xfce and it has some resizing options that i really like, when you drag a window against the screen border to the right or left, the window change to the mid of the screen size. a cool option for office kind of work as you can get two windows as exactly half and half of the screen.

I've been checking this last couple of days Mx-17 as it seems it could go a bit faster in my computer, as Linux Mint xfce overall goes well but it's slow on the start up and some couple of other things. But there's a thing i don't like about Mx-17, it lacks this resizing option. Are there any way i can turn it on? Maybe it's only off by default.

Try this:
https://forum.xfce.org/viewtopic.php?id=7405
(posts #2 and #3)

This behavior might depend on whether or not you are using Xfce's window manager (Xfwm). If not, the ability might still be there but set/configured via another mechanism. But I don't know, this is merely speculation on my part.

EDIT: See also:
https://xfce.org/about/tour
...where it mentions the improvements to the tiling feature.

Regards,
MDM

Last edited by MountainDewManiac (2018-08-08 00:15:08)

Mountain Dew Maniac

How to Ask for Help <=== Click on this link

Board footer