Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-08-01 19:51:38

johnywhy

Uninstalled Items Stuck In Whisker Menu

After uninstall of Chromium and Chrome, both are still in whisker menu.
How to fix?

Libre editor tells me:

Parsing Errors:

/home/johny/.local/share/applications/chrome-aohghmighlieiainnegkcijnfilokake-Default.desktop
/home/johny/.local/share/applications/chrome-apdfllckaahabafndbhieahigkjlhalf-Default.desktop
/home/johny/.local/share/applications/chrome-blpcfgokakmgnkcojhhkbfbldkacnbeo-Default.desktop
/home/johny/.local/share/applications/chrome-pjkljhegncpnkpknbcohdijeoejaedia-Default.desktop
/home/johny/.local/share/applications/chromium-browser.desktop
/home/johny/.local/share/applications/google-chrome.desktop
/home/johny/.local/share/applications/userapp-Light-74OOMZ.desktop
/usr/share/applications/openjdk-11-policytool.desktop

Last edited by johnywhy (2018-08-01 19:58:51)

arch xfce x86_64

#2 2018-08-01 20:00:35

Spass

Re: Uninstalled Items Stuck In Whisker Menu

Restarting your session doesn't help? Is that problem realated strictly to Chrome and Chomium? Can you check how other applications behave? You can check in graphical menu editor, for example MenuLibre, if those launchers are still there and if so, try to delete them manually. Maybe the Chrome/Chromium uninstaller fails to remove .desktop file(s) from /usr/share/applications/ or ~/.local/share/appliacations/. So you can also check those folders for "chrom*.desktop" files.

#3 2018-08-01 20:32:48

johnywhy

Re: Uninstalled Items Stuck In Whisker Menu

Restarting your session doesn't help?

- no

Is that problem realated strictly to Chrome and Chomium?

- yes

Can you check how other applications behave?

- fine. Also notice that before i uninstalled chromium, weblinks in my mail client didn't open. After installing vivaldi browser, weblinks opened correctly.

You can check in graphical menu editor, for example MenuLibre,

- not listed in menulibre. Menulibre gives error message, shown above.

Maybe the Chrome/Chromium uninstaller fails to remove .desktop file(s) from /usr/share/applications/ or ~/.local/share/appliacations/.

- you can see those desktop files are listed in the menulibre error message, above.

I guess i can just delete the chrome/chromium items from the files you mentioned, correct?

Is there any other manual or auto cleanup i can do? I'm concerned chrome/chromium may have left other gunk in my OS. 

THX

arch xfce x86_64

Board footer