Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-08-02 21:44:07

trk204

[SOLVED] xfce-terminal file menu not looking correct

Hey guys,  running xfce 4.12 on debian stretch,  fresh install with the default panel selected on first login.

When I open up an xfce4-terminal window,   the file menu looks like it's borked a bit.  It works,   but it's definitely missing _something_

I've uploaded a little grab of the issue here

https://postimg.cc/image/4xpa5tidt/

To be perfectly honest,  I'm not all that up to speed with xfce theming,  so it could be something with that.  But no other DEs are installed,  just X and xfce.  It's also possible I'm missing some package I may need.  I didn't want to install the stock task-xfce-desktop package and all it's unnecessary (to me) deps.  My package state is good,  and I'm not missing anything that apt wanted to install.

I have tried setting different styles in the window manager settings,  logging in/out and that doesn't seem to effect it.

Thanks!

Last edited by trk204 (2018-08-03 15:44:53)

#2 2018-08-02 21:53:46

trk204

Re: [SOLVED] xfce-terminal file menu not looking correct

aww crud nvm (I think) found another post that was somewhat like mine and started playing with the styles.  I guess the default xfce style that it's setup with for some reason isn't working.  Selected another style and could see the proper menu in the terminal show up.

#3 2018-08-02 22:43:35

Spass

Re: [SOLVED] xfce-terminal file menu not looking correct

Yup, looks like a theme issue. Some GTK themes require gtk2-engines-pixbuf and gtk2-engines-murrine, so you can try to install those packages if you don't have them already and see if that helps. You may also try greybird-gtk-theme, it looks good on Xfce.

Board footer