Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-08-22 11:18:00

PyGreen

How to set hotkeys for snapping windows

I want set config for alignment and binding application windows as liked OS Windows by keys <SUPER><RIGHT> or <SUPER><LEFT>. I can use mouse cursor for drag and snap window to display edge now. I need assign hotkeys.But i don't know xfce4-command*** for this in 
[Setting ►Window Manager panel ► Keyboard tab]. How did it?

Я хочу настроить привязку к окон к сторонам (краям) экрана по нажатию клавиш <WIN><ПРАВО> или <WIN><ВПРАВО>, аналогично тому как это работает в операционной системе Windows MS. Сейчас я могу использовать курсор мыши для перетаскивания и привязки окон к краям экрана. Мне необходимо назначить горячие клавиши. Но я не знаю команды xfce4-command*** , чтобы задать из в
[ Настройки ► Диспетчер Окон ► Клавиатура ]. Как это сделать?

#2 2018-08-22 12:48:28

ToZ
Administrator

Re: How to set hotkeys for snapping windows

Hello and welcome.

On the Keyboard tab of Window Manager Settings, look for the options:
- Tile window to the top
- Tile window to the bottom
- Tile window to the left
- Tile window to the right

Click on each one and when prompted, enter the hotkey combination you want to use.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2018-08-22 14:26:11

PyGreen

Thanks!

There are still questions..
I found the settings. But, there was a problem with keybinding. Because, when I set <WIN><RIGHT> action don't work. Main menu open firstly. Instead of it, I assign <ALT><WIN><RIGHT>, that solution is working. But it requires an extra key, which is quite unusual

#4 2018-08-22 14:30:26

ToZ
Administrator

There is currently a bug/issue in Xfce that doesn't allow you to use the Super-key (<WIN>) only as a modifier. It interferes with other shortcut keys as you can see.

Have a look at this post/thread for information on using xcape as a workaround to allow super-only to open the menu. This will then allow the other super key combinations to work.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#5 2018-08-22 15:25:12

PyGreen

I execute command

sudo apt-get install xcape
xcape -e 'Super_L=Alt_L|F2'

But <Super_Left> don't convert to <ALT><F2>. Now, when I press <SUPER> is doing {Open Main menu} and {xfce4-appfinder --collapsed}
after reloading, seting is reseted

Last edited by PyGreen (2018-08-22 15:27:20)

#6 2018-08-22 16:31:06

Spass

PyGreen, you can try this way - make sure that "xfce4-popup-whiskermenu" is binded to Ctrl+Esc in the Keyboard -> Application Shortcuts settings and use:

xcape -e 'Super_L=Control_L|Escape'

If you want to start XCAPE with your session, just add this command to Session and Startup -> Application Autostart

EDIT: Typo (wkiskermenu).

Last edited by Spass (2018-08-22 17:37:30)

#7 2018-08-22 16:58:54

PyGreen

Board footer