Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-09-19 08:16:42

nbd

Ristretto Image Viewer doesn't open PPM images anymore

Hello,

I'm using XFCE on ArchLinux, and until very recently the Ristretto image viewer had the ability to operate with PPM image files.

But now I'm observing that PPM files are not opened by Ristretto anymore: it just silently ignores PPM images without producing any messages (including when started from the terminal). The system is updated, the Ristretto version is 0.8.3.

Could anybody please advise on why such reduction in functionality could have happened and whether this functionality can be restored back?

/Al

#2 2018-09-19 10:50:53

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Ristretto Image Viewer doesn't open PPM images anymore

Ristretto changed from using GFileInfo to libmagic to determine file types for 0.8.2.

I think this issue may be similar to the bpm issue that was resolved with an earlier commit. libmagic ("file -i FILE.ppm") returns "application/octet-stream" as the mime type and ristretto ignores mimetypes that don't start with "image/".

I would suggest creating a bug report, referencing the one above, and saying that it also affects ppm filetypes.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2018-09-19 11:44:36

nbd

Re: Ristretto Image Viewer doesn't open PPM images anymore

Many thanks for the quick and informative reply. Will report the bug.

Board footer