Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-10-03 21:27:00

arnad

XFCE move volume control from indicator to panel

Hello everyone,

I wanted to ask if there is a way to move the volume control that appears in the indicator to the panel. Reason for this is that I do not wish to use the indicator plugin (among others because it does not change with my theme and menus do not property resize in it) but would like to keep volume control. All other icons from the indicator plugin (WiFi, Clementine) automatically moved into the panel. But there does not seem to be an option to add volume control to the panel as well.

I am aware that I could, e.g., add PulseAudio Plugin, but it does not have the same functionality.

Greetings,

Arnad

#2 2018-10-03 22:25:36

ToZ
Administrator

Re: XFCE move volume control from indicator to panel

Hello and welcome.

What specific functionality is the pulseaudio plugin missing? Newer versions have had a lot of functionality added. See: https://bluesabre.org/2018/04/21/xfce-p … -released/.

Which distro and version are you running?

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2018-10-04 19:39:59

CwF

I can't give you a screenshot, but I moved it to its own panel. I made the panel 1 row by 128 pixels and intelligently hidden with changes in opacity never at 100. So it's a faint large area icon I can hover over and roll the middle mouse wheel to dynamically adjust volume. Click it to get the regular menu. It blends into the desktop along with a few other similar configured panels. It is available if it's under a window by hovering where you know it to be, and occasionally gets in the way...

Hope that helps

#4 2018-10-07 17:37:29

arnad

ToZ wrote:

What specific functionality is the pulseaudio plugin missing?

The pulse audio plugin does not have the links to Clementine, VLC etc. Additionally, it does not respect my dark theme. It has a light grey background instead of black likke everything else in my panel.

ToZ wrote:

Which distro and version are you running?

I'm running Linux Mint 18.1

Board footer