Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-11-11 11:33:31

Narann

Thunar font doesn't look good on restored Thunar session

Hello,

I have a weird problem. hmm

I tick the checkbox "Save session for future logins" when I logout.

But when I login again, Thunar file/folder font is "weird". It looks like it's the default parameters, like if the font config where not set when those Thunar sessions are opened or something like that.

Interestingly, when I open a new Thunar window, the font is perfect !

thunar-font-session-load.png

Any idea where this could come from ?

XFCE 4.12, Mint 19.1

A big thanks in advance ! smile

#2 2018-11-11 13:21:48

alcornoqui

Re: Thunar font doesn't look good on restored Thunar session

All I found is this unfollowed old bug: https://bugzilla.xfce.org/show_bug.cgi?id=10555

I don't know if anyone is succesfully using session restore. A common advice is to clean the saved sessions and start over. sad

https://docs.xfce.org/xfce/xfce4-sessio … es#session

#3 2018-11-11 14:59:35

Narann

Thanks alcorno, the given bug report is about window size and position at session restore. I have no problem with that, restored window size and position is perfect.

About cleaning the session, it doesn't work. As soon you tick "Save session for future logins", the restored Thunar will have bad font on folder/file view. sad

#4 2018-11-11 17:31:24

Narann

I've found the solution (and maybe found some bugs) !

Solution:

Change "Thunar" priority in "Session and Startup" window, in "Session" tab.

Double on the value "24" and set it to "26" so it's started after.

First bug: When you double click on the "24" value and change it, it doesn't change in the widget. But if you close and reopen the "Session and Startup" window, the value is setted properly.

Second bug:

After unlog/relog, in the file:

.cache/sessions/xfce4-session-narann-blah:0

I have the line:

Client1_ClientId=20c0566d7-e4d0-43ca-908b-f13164f98724
Client1_Hostname=local/narann-blah
Client1_CloneCommand=Thunar
Client1_DiscardCommand=rm,-f,/home/me/.cache/sessions/Thunar-20c0566d7-e4d0-43ca-908b-f13164f98724
Client1_RestartCommand=Thunar,--sm-client-id,20c0566d7-e4d0-43ca-908b-f13164f98724,--daemon
Client1_Program=Thunar
Client1_UserId=me
Client1_Priority=26
Client1_RestartStyleHint=0

As you can see, it's 26.

But when I open the "Session and Startup" window, in the "Session" tab, the value for "Thunar" is still "24".

So it looks like the "Session" tab of "Session and Startup" window is broken.

If you have any other question don't hesitate.

PS: The way to reproduce que bug is to disable the "Custom DPI setting" in "Fonts" tab of the "Appareance" config windows and change the "Default font", open a Thunar window, logout with "Save session for future logins" ticked and log again.

#5 2018-11-11 17:43:56

mint4all

Narann wrote:

Thanks alcorno, the given bug report is about window size and position at session restore. I have no problem with that, restored window size and position is perfect.

About cleaning the session, it doesn't work. As soon you tick "Save session for future logins", the restored Thunar will have bad font on folder/file view. sad

Greetings to you!

Just to be sure, afaik, there's no Mint 19.1 yet (though promised to be out some time in December). So we're discussing a Mint 19 {.0} issue, which is m/l derived from Ubuntu/Xubuntu 18.04 {.0}; correct?

I've duplicated your problem/observation with my 12y.o. Toshiba laptop, using LM19-xfce with the v4.12.3 (Gtk 2.24.31-based) desktop. I used Mint's "Mint-Y" theme & icon set, but changed my default fonts to Ubuntu Regular 12point (note: those old eyes of mine...) After logging out (with saved session) and back in, Thunar's sidebar  pane restores properly, but Thunar's folder/files-pane reverts to the theme's default font & point size. In addition, Thunar's restored path-bar shows a red '--' minus-icon instead of the usual folder-icon. Moreover, when i changed theme to Mint-Y-Dark, the restored folder/files-pane reverts to the default light background. However, if i open a fresh Thunar window, it renders properly according to the chosen theme. Looks very strange to compare Thunar's restored window with the fresh window,

Now, this may just be an issue with Mint's outdated Thunar (v1.6.15), but more likely a problem with how xfce restores open apps' window contents. Since i don't use "stored sessions" myself, not a real problem for me, but worth a bug report, imho...

Cheers, m4a

Linux Mint 21.2 -- xfce 4.18 ... Apple iMAC -- Dell & HP Desktops and Laptops -- Family & Community Support

Board footer