Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-12-08 08:25:05

anlity60

Removing or changing national flag to letters?

Hey guys!

I have a problem with the national flag that shows keyboard prefference or something like that. It really messes with my vibe and design, and sticks out like a sore thumb. How can I remove or change it? I think it is a part of the system tray, so it means it is automatically ran on startup or something.

Please help!

Bonus: question: How do I make my windows a cool dark arc color, but not have it mess up my browser experience? I'm writing this on a dark grey box, with the submit button also being dark grey.

Please help

Thank you!

#2 2018-12-08 13:47:45

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Removing or changing national flag to letters?

anlity60 wrote:

I have a problem with the national flag that shows keyboard prefference or something like that. It really messes with my vibe and design, and sticks out like a sore thumb. How can I remove or change it? I think it is a part of the system tray, so it means it is automatically ran on startup or something.

If you want to change it, right-click on the flag and select properties. Depending on the version, you should have options to toggle between image or text. If you want to completely remove it, right-click the panel, select Panel>Panel Properties, go to the Items tab and remove the "Keyboard Layouts" plugin.

Bonus: question: How do I make my windows a cool dark arc color, but not have it mess up my browser experience? I'm writing this on a dark grey box, with the submit button also being dark grey.

Look for an Arc Dark theme browser extension - both firefox and chrome have one.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2018-12-08 14:07:37

anlity60

Thanks.

I can't right click it because it is in the notification area (actually, I can but I only get the information option). I always thought that hiding stuff on the notification area gave you an ugly arrow, but I have so much stuff to hide now that I use a "bloated" distro, that it's kinda useful, so I just hid it all.

Before that, I tried to find some random .svg icon with root priviledge, and copy and replace my flag in usr/share/xfce4/xkb/flags/ , but that totally didn't work, even after a restart, so I am kinda sad that I couldn't even brute force it hmm

Oh well, whatever..
Tnx again. Gonna look into those browser extensions...

Last edited by anlity60 (2018-12-08 14:08:20)

#4 2018-12-08 15:47:10

ToZ
Administrator

anlity60 wrote:

I can't right click it because it is in the notification area (actually, I can but I only get the information option).

Then it is something else. Possibly  an indicator?
Which distro are you using?
What is the name of the indicator in the list or

xfconf-query -c xfce4-panel -p /plugins/plugin-$(xfconf-query -c xfce4-panel -lv | grep systray | awk -F '-' '{print $2}' | awk '{print $1}')/names-ordered

Before that, I tried to find some random .svg icon with root priviledge, and copy and replace my flag in usr/share/xfce4/xkb/flags/

This would only work if you are using the Xfce keyboard layouts plugin.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

Board footer