Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-12-12 19:12:41

linxon
Website

Touchpad setting...

Hi everyone! I installed XFCE and I love it!!!

In the touchpad settings you can find a "Disable touchpad while typing" option. I have a question: do you can to make "Disable touchpad while mouse connected" option?

in current moment i use the udev rules and simple script on my laptop

#2 2018-12-13 01:47:17

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Touchpad setting...

Hello and welcome.

Tbh, the udev rule might just be the best way to do this. However, depending on the distro that you have, you may be able to get touchpad-indicator working. It worked on Xubuntu 18.10.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2018-12-13 07:14:10

MountainDewManiac

Re: Touchpad setting...

That should please a lot of people, and I will probably be one of them if I can figure out where I've misplaced the USB receiver for my old Logitech cordless mouse. I guess the people who design laptops these days assume that very few of their products' users will find themselves ever using a physical mouse device. My previous laptop was a Hewlett-Packard, and while it had many shortcomings, it did have a physical button to enable/disable its mousepad, directly above that mousepad. There was even a faint LED that changed from blue to amber to reflect the change.

Thank you, ToZ. I don't know what we Xfce users would do without you - but it's a pretty safe bet that we wouldn't be doing it as well as we manage to do with your assistance.

Regards,
~TS~

Mountain Dew Maniac

How to Ask for Help <=== Click on this link

Board footer